Friday, October 22, 2010

"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer." (Romans 12:12)

I found this verse to be very fitting for right now. As I write to you write now at 12:30 a.m. through tears, my heart is aching for the Brutton family. Mike has just updated their blog. He told the kids the news about Kathy because she is still in the hospital. Hopefully she will get to return home tomorrow to be with her family as long as possible. I see this incredible faith continue to shine through the tragedy. It almost confuses me as to how they can be so strong in such a sad time for them. But then I realize - it is God. God is the only one who can get me, Kathy, or anyone else through our pain and suffering. Living on this earth is not to build glory for ourselves, but to the Creator. He is the only reason I am breathing right now. So why not praise Him for it? The title of this blog is "Living Intentionally". The Brutton's have brought me back to remembering why this is so important. We need to be living each day with intention. We never know when our last breath will be, so we should live each moment as our last and be thankful to God that we are still breathing life.

What I find most comforting in the midst of the sadness is how the Brutton's have looked at their situation as an opportunity. Rather than dwell on the sickness, look to the One above. Mike wrote that he hoped that Kathy's story would turn people to the Kingdom. I believe it will. It already has for me. God has a purpose for everything that happens on this earth.

Please keep Kathy, Mike, their children, and the rest of the Brutton/Hessel family in your prayers.

No comments: