Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Every Step

Every step of the journey has to be on mission. If not, it's a show not a ministry. This is something that really hit me over the weekend while was in the Lake of the Ozarks for Getaway Conference. I had a great weekend being rejuvenated in Christ and just being able to focus on Him without distractions. Lately I have been in another downward slump in my walk. I always feel so guilty when I get to this point and I wish I never had times like this. The weekend was really eye-opening in that I need to keep His plan in mind. One of the speakers said we need to stop telling God what we're going to do in our lives. Partially obeying is not obeying at all. I was reminded how much I have been doing this and I am thankful that the speakers and scriptures turned my attention to what I need to fix in my life.

I was also able to get a lot of photography practice in over the weekend. I ended up helping out by taking pictures of all the international students and the events going on for them. It was fun! I cannot wait until I can have a better camera. Hopefully this winter I will be able to purchase my first SLR...too bad they are so expensive! Anyway...I have been able to take some really great pictures for my assignments in photojournalism as well. My professor is so great! He is really teaching us how to develop a good eye for capturing the right moments to tell a story. Here are a few pics to show some of my progress so far!
Capturing motion

I took pictures of TOMS shoes for product assignment
My roommate for a higher perspective angle
A car with some cool lighting
I have a lot of writing to do for classes so even though I would love to keep writing on here to update you more, I think I've procrastinated homework enough.



No comments: