Tuesday, November 16, 2010

In Memory of Kathy

Our friend Kathy went home to Heaven today. My last two posts have been about her to pray for her. I ask that we still pray in rejoicing, for Kathy is no longer in pain. I ask that we still pray for the family and friends that loved her so much. She was a strong woman of God that I have admired since I was a teenager.

Mike's blog post after her death was short, but powerful. The post was titled "Victory" and he said, "Her battle is won."

She fought a great fight with more faith, grace, and courage than I could ever imagine. 
                                                   
I am so thankful that I was able to visit her this past Saturday. My friends Amy, Kelley, and I were able to chat with her and Mike about good memories at church and laughed a lot too. Honestly, I was nervous about going to see her because I did not want to act any differently around her or say anything that I should not. It was a wonderful visit and I praise God for that 40 minutes I was able to spend with her. I knew it would probably be my last time to see her on earth, which was difficult.

I cried on the way home that day. I am crying right now. My tears are tears of both sadness and rejoicing. At this moment, I got a text from my dad who got a text from Kathy's father, my former pastor, saying that she appreciated my visit.

I do not have much else to say but that my heart goes out to this family right now in their time of need. Continue to pray for them to be comforted in this difficult time. May God wrap His arms around Mike and their children Maddie, Sarah, and Colin.

"Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need" Hebrews 4:16

Kathy will be greatly missed.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kathy will be greatly missed. I went to high school with her and she will always be the girl in the choir who ALWAYS smled. I continue to pray for her family.