Sunday, May 3, 2009

You Don't Mess With Texas

I just got back from a great weekend with 4 of my great girl friends on a road trip to Texas. My friend, Christina, is from Denison, TX, so we decided a while back to take a trip to see where she's from. It was my first time to Texas, and it was a lot of fun. We got there Friday night and hung out at her house with her parents (who are super sweet!). On Saturday, we went to Dallas and Frisco...we ate at South of the Border and shopped at a mall. I didn't buy much--but did get some amazing North Face flip flops! These girls are probably the craziest, funniest, and sweetest girls I have ever met in my life. God really blessed me with such good friends here at SBU, and I'm going to miss them soooo much next year.

My final days at SBU are approaching. We only have 3 weeks of school--that's only 2 weeks of classes and 1 week of finals! I'm glad that school is going to be finished, but starting to get really depressed that I am leaving everyone I love here. I don't think I will be excited about going to Union until I actually get there because I'm so sad about not coming back here. I know it's where God wants me, and I'm trying to trust in Him that everything will be okay, but it's so HARD! I know in a few years I will look back at how I feel right now and say "Wow, I should've just trusted in you God!" But I guess I will just have to wait for that day to come.

I am super excited about my summer coming up. There are going to be a lot of new things I get to experience and I cannot wait! I probably have written about all of these things in my past posts, but I would love to share it again.
  • I am going to be a summer missionary in STL under my dad's ministry and work with international students. I am thrilled to be doing this because I love people and I just pray that God will open many doors in this ministry. I get to do this as a job which is amazing because I actually will be enjoying what I do. This job comes with many benefits! I don't have to work at The Magic House anymore! I get to go to Los Angeles for 4 days to attend a conference! Also, my very good friend Justin will be working with me so not only will I get to do something I love, but I get the priveledge of working alongside a great friend who loves God and loves serving Him.
  • Another big thing I'm looking forward to is going to Bolivia on a mission trip with a team of 13 students! We will be working in orphanages and helping in various community service projects as well. I cannot wait to get on the mission field in another country!

Well, I have some things to do before I sleep and go to class tomorrow morning.

Peace and Love,

Katlyn

No comments: