Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Final Days

Well I'm approaching my last days here at SBU. I took my psych and english compII finals today, now I only have A&PII and old testament history until I'm finished. It's so bittersweet for me. I've had a wonderful year in Bolivar and I'm thankful God blessed me and my time here.

This past weekend was so fun! My roomie and my other really close friends had a suprise party for me on Saturday night at El Rodeo, the Mexican restaurant in town. No one has ever thrown a suprise party for me before, and I must say, I was truly touched by it. My roomie also made me a cake that was a-mazing! We took a lot of really fun pictures too. I'm definitely going to miss all of them so much.

On Sunday, I attended what may have been my last Sunday ever at Springhill Baptist. I have fallen in love with that church and have been blessed to be a part of the body there for the past 9 months. Pastor Kevin's message was like he was talking directly at me and no one else! It was entitled "God's Best For You"....such a God thing for this to be the last message I heard there! Basically, he described my whole semester and what I've been going through the last few months in about 30 minutes. He told us that God's best for us may not be what we expected and it sure won't be easy at times, but God will fuel our passion for it and guide us without ever leaving us astray. My main struggle with transferring was because I was questioning my motive and my wants over seeking God's best for me. Kevin also said that it's a fight to get there, but we will need to commit to following Him. This semester has been one of the hardest fights I've ever gone through with God. I was so reluctant to accept what God was putting me through because I wanted it to work out exactly the way I wanted it to. Consequently, I am following Him even though it has been a struggle. I was moved so much by this I started crying...which has been going on a lot lately and I fear it will continue. I was really crying mainly because this was a wonderful confirmation for me that everything will be okay and I don't have to fear it because I am not alone.

Okay, so enough of that. I need to get back to studying and then head to my last Bolivia team meeting!

Uplifted by Christ,
Katlyn

1 comment:

Jana H said...

Katlyn, You're amazing, and you have no idea how much I'm going to miss you. You've been such a joy to have as a roommate. I will be praying that God shows you awesome and wonderful things when you go to Union in the fall. I know he has big plans for you. I love and will miss you like crazy.
Jana