Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Jai Ho!

If you don't understand my title, then you're missing out! Haha j/k. "Jai Ho" (which means "It Rocks" in Hindi) is the Academy Award-winning song from the Academy Award-winning movie Slumdog Millionaire...which is my new favorite movie. The music is amazing and I have that song stuck in my head.I have seen it twice now, and loved it just as much the second time. I would highly recommend checking it out.

So I'm writing late, once again, because I'm a little high on caffeine right now. I went to IHOP with Katie and Christina around 9 for National Free Pancake Day! Nina and I drank a whole pot of coffee. Now I'm too awake to sleep....but I'm going to have to make myself because I have an 8:00 Old Testament class! Yay!

God is slowly, but surely continuing to provide me with humbleness and humility that I have been seeking. It has been a rough couple of weeks getting into this semester and I know it's not going to get any easier. Oh well, I will live through it...hopefully haha.

Oh! I got an updated list of my progression in fundraising for my trip to Bolivia...and I'm super blessed to be about half-way to my needed amount! I am so thankful for the kindness and generosity of our close family friends. Praise Jesus!

I had a great weekend in Oklahoma with my roommate. It was definitely nice getting away from the dorm for a bit. I got to see Grove, where she is from and meet a lot of her family. They were all super nice and made me miss my family, too. Grove is a really cute town. I like the smaller town atmosphere a lot!

Anyway, I would love to keep writing but I should probably get some sleep!

Stay Tuned,
Katlyn

No comments: