Monday, March 16, 2009

IS IT BREAK TIME YET?!

So I have been completely overwhelmed with school. I have had a ton of tests, and I'm not finished. Luckily, this will be our last week and then we have spring break! Thank God! I'm so ready to take a break....ugh. Anwyay...life has been decent other than the stressfullness of college work. I have gotten to do a lot in the last weeks.


On the weekend of February 27th, I went home and took my friends Christina and Katie to a conference called Engage. It was a lot of fun to hang out with them in my hometown and worship Jesus together. I got to meet some cool people, and I learned a lot too.

Then, last weekend (March 6-7), I got to lead my first Disciple Now in Steelville, MO. It was a great experience! I lead a group of 6th grade girls with my roommate. They were so funny and full of energy! I wished I could stay up all night and still be able to be all hyper the next day too. Haha yeah I guess you could say they made me feel old. One of the highlights of the weekend was getting to lead one of the girls in my group to the Lord. We had an invitation at the end of our service Sat. night and she came up to me and said she wanted to be saved. I was thrilled! It was definitely an emotional night to say the least. I could write a lot more about that weekend, but I will refrain for now and move on.

This weekend was good as well. On Friday, didn't do anything except watch movies with my girls all night and eat junk food. Oh, and we wenBulleted Listt to a show here called "Battle of the Air Bands". It was great! Yesterday, I studied and worked on my paper, then I got to hang out with my friends. My friends Tricia and Jennifer came in from St. Louis for their spring break. We watched a couple movies--one of which was "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas". It was definitely one of the most depressing movies I've ever seen about the Holocaust. Then today, I went to 2nd Baptist church in Springfield with my friends. That church is huge! I thoroughly enjoyed the service though. The music was awesome, and the message was touching. The pastor spoke about how when life crashes, we have to be able to still turn to God and know He is there watching over us and guiding us.

Other news--
  • I am pretty sure that I will be working for the MO Baptist Convention this summer as a summer missionary to work with International Students in St. Louis. So yeah, I guess I'll be seeing my dad a lot this summer. Haha just kidding...I can't wait!
  • I am getting more and more details about my trip to Bolivia. Fundraising is going well so far, and I learn more about the trip every time we meet. I'm so excited!
Hasta La Vista!

Katlyn

No comments: