Friday, January 2, 2009

Hello 2009!

I can't believe it is 2009! I hope everyone had a great New Year celebration. I had to work New Year's eve and day so I didn't really do much. I spent time with the fam...which is fine with me. We ate a lot of food (haha what else is new) and played Bingo. :0)

So far I've had a decent break! At the very beginning, I got to go to an International Student Banquet at a new International ministry in St. Louis called Oasis. There were around 50 internationals there. My friend Justin came to hang out and we went back to my house afterward to have a cookie decorating competition with my brother. It was definitely a good time (probably one of the highlights of my break so far). Christmas was great! God is good! I got to hang out and spend some quality time with my family. I got some sweet gifts (gift cards & an ihome are among the many). I didn't even ask for anything. The only thing I actually asked for, I got early since I knew it was coming. I got Tom's Shoes...for every pair of Tom's you buy, they send a pair to a poor child in another country. I love them! They're navy blue and have the Gandi quote "You must be the change you wish to see in the world". LOVE!

As you can see in the picture...our tree fell down the day after Christmas. Ha oh well we still have 5 other trees in the house. :)

I still have many plans before I go back to SBU on the 25th. I will be in Kansas City the 7-11 for a Team Sprit conference. I will be facilitating a group of high schoolers to create an action plan to promote safe driving at their school. I love my Team Spirit family and can't wait to see them! I also have quite a few friends I plan on seeing while I'm home and can't wait to hang with them! 9

No comments: