Monday, January 19, 2009

The ONE Campaign

If you don't know that I'm all about raising awareness of the increasing problem of poverty in the world today, then you don't know me very well. A friend of mine introduced me to an organization that is working to end poverty called the ONE Campaign. It took me awhile before I really got into it, but now I feel that I should take a part in this more than ever! We talk about how low our economy is every day, but in reality there are far worse environments and living situations around the world today. More than a billion people live on less than a dollar a day. How sad is that? I spent around 10 bucks on coffee this week, and that would be like what a family lives off of in like 2 weeks! Ugh, man do I feel a little more than guilty after letting that one sink in! Anyway, I would like to invite you to take action with me by learning more through their website, http://www.one.org/.


Thanks for reading!

Katlyn

No comments: