Thursday, January 29, 2009

First Week Back!

So I have been back to school for almost a week. I am slowly but surely re-adjusting to waking up early and going to classes every morning at 8:00. Other than classes, I've been hanging out with my friends, working out, and catching some of my tv shows. I think it will be a good semester, rough for sure, but good. I have 6 classes...all of which require a lot of reading so I will be spending most of my time reading up for them. It has been good to see all of my friends. I missed them all a lot over the month and a 1/2 we had for break.

There are a few exciting things coming up too! Next week, I start weekly team meetings for the mission trip to Bolivia I'm going on. I am going to be working a merchandise table for the band Remedy Drive during Welcome Back concert here at SBU Friday night...so that should be fun! My roommate and I are also going to rearrange our room, which may not sound exciting, but I'm looking forward to it.

Also, I'm currently in progress of starting an SBU chapter of the ONE Campaign. ONE is an organization thats working to end poverty. Around a week ago, I became the campus leader to SBU for ONE as a part of the campus challenge. If you can, I'd encourage you to check out our page...and please sign up to support ONE through SBU. We get points for every person that supports it through our school...so please help us beat our competiting schools!
Here's the link....http://www.one.org/campus/mycampus.html?school_id=1944 Thanks!

I pray that this will be a great semester. I can't wait to see all God has in store for me.

In Christ,
Katlyn

1 comment:

Jana H said...

Katlyn, I'm so glad to be back too. I missed your fun and smiling face so much over break. I'm looking forward to rearranging the room too. It'll be a party.