Friday, November 13, 2009

F.R.O.G.

FROG (Fully Rely On God)...remember that old saying? I used to write that on everything when I was a kid in the 90's and looking back on it, I don't think I really comprehended or really followed the true meaning behind that saying. I don't even though why I just thought of it now, but I guess it has to do with how God is really working in my life again and I really just need to rely on Him while He takes me through the next steps I'm going through. Lately, I've been really struggling again with my future. I feel like Union is definitely where I'm supposed to be and I know that God has called me to nursing, I am just having a hard time seeing myself making it there. I'm worried about my classes that I'm getting ready to take next semester. Classes this semester are pretty rough, and next semester is going to be sooo much harder and it freaks me out--a lot! I have to take microbiology and pathophysiology which will be hard in itself, but I might have to take 18 hours next semester to get into nursing school next fall. Ahhh I know it sounds crazy! But I have to get these classes done to get in the nursing school. Also, I need to make sure that I have a good enough GPA to get in as well. Right now, my grades are okay, but they could be better. Anyway, I know that this is in God's plan for me, and I will be a nurse someday no matter what it takes, but it's just a little scary and overwhelming to imagine it.

On a brighter side of my life lately...a lot of things have been going on that make me so thankful for the people God has put in my life and the experiences He has allowed me to go through. My roommates and I have begun decorating for Christmas already which is funny to most people considering it's only the beginning of November, but really we only have one full week of classes left after Thanksgiving then finals before Christmas break so we want to enjoy the decorations a little longer than that. We also decided to decorate early to cheer up one of my roommates who went through a break up with her boyfriend this week. Hopefully we finish tonight. I will put up pictures when the job is finished. :) I'm so excited for Christmas season to get here! Last night, our Lifegroup went to buy stuff to make two boxes for Operation Christmas Child. It was so fun going and picking out toys and essentials for children in need. Our whole campus is getting really involved in making these boxes...again such a blessing to be on a campus that does this kind of stuff. I got to experience the joy that comes from these boxes when I went to Bolivia over the summer and saw a little girl carrying around her box and playing with everything that she got. She especially loved the Princess Jasmine tiarra in it. So adorable! Speaking of Bolivia, I have really missed it a lot and have been thinking about all the children lately. I pray that everything at the four orphanages I helped with are doing well.

A week from today is going to be amazing! My roommates and I are roadtripping to St. Louis for the premiere of New Moon at the Mega Screen (the biggest movie screen in the midwest)! We are such dorks, I know...but it's going to be so much fun! I cannot wait!!!!

Tonight I'm going to be going to the school's musical called The Zombies From Beyond. It looks like it's going to be really funny so I'm looking forward to it. So I better get going.

Peace,
Katlyn

No comments: