Friday, March 26, 2010

Ah, Spring Break

I am finally on Spring Break! It is so great to be back in the comfort of my house with my family. The past two weeks have been very rough on me emotionally so I'm definitely relieved to be here and away from there. I love my school and the people there, but sometimes getting away is pretty good medicine. As for me being emotionally overwhelmed, let's just say I've been making sure to put much more focus on God since He is the only one that knows my path and can make everything okay. This work of really giving everything to Christ lately has really been good for me. Even in the midst of a really awful week of school and thinking my whole future was about to be torn apart, I really felt God's embracing love - I felt safe in His arms. So basically, what happened to me is that I found out that getting into the nursing school is going to be a lot harder for me than I hoped. After praying about it, and taking all options under consideration closely, I feel that the best thing for me to do is stay at Union another month this summer to retake a class to raise my grade. I do not like that I have put myself into this situation at all, but I'm taking this one day at a time and letting God stay in control. My previous post has really been a good reminder on what is important to focus on.

I guess the burden of all the stressful elements of my life was still laying heavy on me this week too. I was a little on edge too much and I don't like it when I get like that, because it's not me. All things considered though, I could have it a lot worse off so I am still thankful for everything I am going through because it is just another learning step on the way to adulthood.

In my devotion this morning, it was called "Honoring Others" and out of 2 Samuel 9 with the story of David and Mephibosheth. I had not read this story in awhile and know it was a God thing that it came up this morning. The story is about honoring others even if it would seem they do not deserve it or really do not relate to you in any way. Mephibosheth was Saul's servant....Sual was David's greatest enemy, but David took him in anyway and allowed him to eat at the table everyday with his sons. This is a great example of showing God's love to others. God has given me a love for people. All people. I find myself relating to so many different types of people and I just really want to show them love, especially the lost and broken ones. Last night, I watched the movie The Blind Side for the first time and it blew me away. That woman Leanne took in that boy when she did not know anything about him and gave him a life that he probably would have never gotten to had it not been for her and God's grace through her. It is so terrible to think children go through parents that abuse, neglect, do drugs, etc. around them. These are things children should never have to endure. I witnessed this in Bolivia with the children I worked with, too. It breaks my heart to see the reality of this. I know seeing all this is why God has given me a desire to do mission work someday. I long for that day that I can be helping others and show them God's love that they have probably been neglected from...whether that is overseas or here, I know I will go.

I pray that God will continue to increase this fire I have for His children. I pray that God will help keep me in line and that I will remain focused on Him. There is nothing else more worthy of doing than praising Him in anything and everything I do.

No comments: