Thursday, July 31, 2008

yesterday

So it's my first blog! I'm super blessed to be able to have celebrated my 19th birthday yesterday. It was definitely an interesting birthday to say the very least.

I got to eat at my favorite restaurant, The Lemongrass, with my family for dinner. I also got to spend time with a great friend at the mall and more time with her and another later. I'm thankful for family and friends who continue to lift me up daily.

What I didn't know was how God was going to test my patience last night. I ended up being able to learn about growing closer to Him at our youth study from our intern. Little did I know, but I actually did feel that I got closer in my faith last night because I was reminded of how I need keep strong and just be there for a friend when they are in need. I did wrong at one point last night that I immediately lifted up in prayer. It is easy to let things try to ruin your day, so you must be sure that you don't do anything to ruin anyone else's.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. (Philippians 4:6)

Katlyn